Expanded Metal Security Fences and Barriers
Expanded metal security fence or barrier systems for applications on new or retrofit fences for commercial, industrial, governmental or institutional facilities as applicable to homeland security, or where the possibility of malevolent incursion is significant.
We can also design a site specific expanded metal physical security perimeter highway barriers or portable barriers.
But this type of expanded metal fence system is not recommended for residential or public recreational facilities such as pools, schools, and kindergartens.
Expanded metal panels classification:
- Regular expanded metal.
- Flattened expanded metal.
- Corrosion-resisting steel.
- Hot-dip zinc coated accordance with ASTM A123/A123M.
- Color coating accordance with ASTM F934, and the coating no effect after 1000 h of salt spray exposure in accordance with ASTM B117.
Expanded metal security fences specification:
- Fence framework
- Fences height more than 8 ft.
- Posts and horizontal rails, round or shapes, zinc coating or color coating, accordance with F1043 or F1083.
- Fence rails:
- Fences less than 10 ft in height shall have a top and bottom rail; middle rail is optional.
- Fences 10 ft and higher have additional rails. Instead of a bottom rail, panels may be imbedded in concrete.
- Fittings securing the mesh to the framework: nuts, bolts, vertical posts and horizontal rails, post caps, barb arms, offset line rail clamps.
- Fence topping: barbed wire, barbed tape.
- Barbed wire
- 12-4-3-14R having 4-point barbs spaced 3 in. on center.
- 12-4-5-14R having 4-point barbs spaced 5 in. on center.
- Barbed wire arms for three to six strands of barbed wire to meet the security requirement.
- Barbed tape:
- 18/24 in. single coil helical, 0.025 in. Thick.
- 18/24/30/40/60 in. single coil concertina, 0.025 in. thick.
- 24/30 in. double coil concertina, 0.025 in. thick.
- Barbed wire
- Addition to expanded security fence structure: anti-climb panels, wind screens.
|Description||1⁄2 in. − 13 R||1⁄2 in. − 13 R (.188)||3⁄4 in. − 9 R||3⁄4 in. − 9 F||1 in. − 7 R (.240)||1 1⁄2 in.— 6 R|
|Width of panel (ft.)||3−6||3−6||3−6||3−6||3−5||3−5|
|Height of panel (ft.)||6−12||6−12||6−12||6−12||6−12||6−12|
|Diamond dimensions (in.) SWD by LWD||0.500 by 1.20||0.500 by 1.20||0.923 by 2.00||0.923 by 2.10||1.00 by 2.40||1.330 by 3.00|
|Percent open area||57%||25%||68%||63%||52%||63%|
|Strand thickness (in.)||0.092||0.09||0.134||0.120||0.170||0.198|
|Strand width (in.)||0.096||0.188||0.150||0.164||0.240||0.203|
|Weight per ft2 (lbs)||1.47||2.82||1.80||1.71||3.50||2.50|
|Weight galvanized (oz/ft2)||1.73||3.1||1.95||1.86||3.70||2.73|
EXS-01: Expanded metal panels for security fence and barriers use. see table 1 for description.
When ordering or specifying expanded metal fence systems for security applications, you should supply the following items:
- mesh type
- mesh description
- fence height
- post size
- horizontal rails
- post spacing
EXS-02: Expanded metal security fence.
EXS-03:Expanded metal security fence with barbed wires topping.
Inquiry for Our Product