High Security Anti Climb Fencing is a fit for purpose and cost effective high security perimeter barrier for petrochemical facilities. It provides superior resistance to cutting and climbing well over that provided by chain link fencing which is utilized for low security applications or internal site segregation only. Below is the specifications for high security anti climb fencing for petrochemical facilities.
High security anti climb fencing system materials:
- All fencing mesh, posts, clamps, bolts and other accessories are hot dipped galvanized at the factory 'after welding'. Razor wire ties and guide wires are to be stainless steel.
- Welded wire fabric must be an 'industry standard' 358 type mesh with 4 mm steel wire that is electronically welded forming a fabric with individual openings of 12.5 mm × 75 mm. Fabric height from the ground to the top of the mesh is 3000 mm high with a width of 2350 mm. (A width of 2350 mm allows for flat storage and transport in a standard width shipping containers.)
- Fence post will be a square type with a minimum size of 100 mm × 100 mm with 4 mm wall thickness. The posts are 3800 mm tall with 800 mm to be used for underground installation. The post made from Grade A materials, hot dipped galvanized and pre-drilled to accept the post attachment bolts for the 358 mesh. Additionally, each post must be predrilled and tapped on top to accept a V Frame attachment for the installation of razor wire on top of the fence.
- Clamp bar: The clamp bar that will be used to mount the 358 mesh to the fence post will be fully galvanized. The clap bar will be 3 meters in length and prepunched with square neck holes that match the fence post.
- Carriage bolts, washers and nuts: The carriage bolts (M8 × 120mm – round head/square neck) will be used to mount the clamp bar & 358 mesh to the fence post. The bolts, washers and nuts must be fully galvanized and meet industry standards on bolt strength for security fencing.
- V type razor wire bracket: The top of each fence post will be predrilled and tapped to allow the mounting of a V Type bracket. These should attach to the top of the fence using only a single bolt.
- Razor wire: Barbed tape material shall meet the requirements of ASTM F1910 for 500 mm diameter rolls. Hot dip galvanized steel wire with a minimum 2.5 mm internal steel wire, with 15 mm wide barbs spaced 34 mm apart (point to point).
- Gates: The same height and coating as the fence fabric, constructed to the same strength tolerances as the 358 fencing. All gates must be set into a flat area with compacted stone or concrete and have the area leveled and clean allowing for maximum opening clearance. The gap under the gate will not exceed 80 mm. The skin of the gates should be made of 358 fencing panels with no external openings or extended hinges.
- Manual swing gates: Function and operation will be determined by current design basis used in accordance with manufacture's recommendations.
- Locking system for single and double swing gates: requires both center and lower locking bars.
NOTE: Locking bars must be of the same overall strength as the fencing.
- Lower locking bar: requires a concrete base 40 mm in diameter and 40 mm deep with a steel sleeve. The sleeve must be aligned with the lower locking bars.
- Center mounted locking bar must reach well into either the gate post for single leaf gates and into slots of at least 800 mm on double leaf gates.
SPF-01: High security anti climb perimeter barrier for petrochemical facilities.